Thursday, July 17, 2008

Thanks to Amanda, a fellow bookish lady.

What kind of book are you most comfortable reading?

That's a good question. Books that are not excessively long because those psyche me out. I would say contemporary novels.

What kind of book do you love to hate?

Over the top chick lit. I can get into chick lit sometimes but books with lipstick or a woman shopping on the cover make me cringe.

What was the last book you surprised yourself by liking?

Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut. I would have thought it would have been too bizarre for me but I couldn't put it down.

What was the last book you surprised yourself by disliking?

I will say The Accidental. I was so hooked from page one that I thought I was going to love it, but by the end, it was kind of a waste of time.

What book would you take with you if you suspected you might be marooned in the near future?

Only one?? :) I think it would be Catcher in the Rye. I ask you, does literature get any better than that?

What forces you to read outside your comfort zone?

I volunteer to co-lead a local book club for teens, and they are mainly into vampires and sci-fi stuff. Firstly, I rarely read contemporary YA stuff, and secondly, not in those genres. I have been enjoying the books so far, though.

2 comments:

stu said...

Good for you making the effort to volunteer with them.

April Boland said...

I just love it so it's not much sacrifice for me :)