Thursday, February 14, 2008

I have not written poetry in a long while. I was doing well with and enjoying my little poetry challenge and need to get back on it. I will soon be scouring the shelves of the library to discover who Poet #3 will be :)

In other news, my editor is working over the domestic violence feature. This is a weird process for any writer - it feels like you have given birth to a baby and someone takes her and dyes her hair and changes her clothes and everything - but fortunately, my editor is a really smart, really nice guy. The process is, therefore, going well.

I am also writing an ebook on marketing tips and tricks for writers, so stay tuned for that.

3 comments:

colleen said...

Maybe Paplo Neruda for Valentine's Day?

stu said...

Editors can be fun, can't they? On the poetry front, it sounds like a great idea. Just be careful not to get stuck on one poet the way a lot of musicians get stuck as copies of their favourite player. I say this as someone who spent far too long as the world's worst Joe Satriani impersonator. (still, I've got more hair these days)

April said...

Colleen, I wish I would have seen this before I left for the library :) I love Neruda, maybe he will be next. Instead I took out "Transformations" by Anne Sexton.

Stu, yes, editors are fun. I am one myself so I hardly have the right to complain! I have already written in the style of Sappho and Omar Khayyam so I will not get stuck on one poet, but thanks for the tip. I find this little exercise has really opened up my writing to go places it has never gone before.