Sunday, April 5, 2009

Book Meme

I found this meme over at The Bluestocking Society and thought I would give it a whirl. Feel free to take it and do it yourself too.

Hardback or trade paperback or mass market paperback?

I like both kinds of paperback, though I like trade slightly more.

Bookmark or dog-ear?

I bookmark to remember where I left off, and I dog-ear to remember what I want to reread and write down.

Alphabetize by author or alphabetize by title or random?

I don't alphabetize. I'm more into how they look on the shelf (by size and all).

Keep, throw away or sell?

I only keep if it is life-changing (otherwise I would have more than I have room for). Otherwise I let people mooch or give away. What kind of person throws away books?

Keep dust jacket or toss it?

I'm not big on hardcovers but when I have them, I keep it.

Last book you bought?

I'm Not Scared by Niccolò Ammaniti. Impulse buy for $1!

Last book someone bought for you?

The White Tiger by Aravind Adiga.

What are some of the books on your to-buy list?

I have hundreds on my to-read list, but to buy and own? I can't think of anything off the top of my head.

Collection (short stories, same author) or anthology (short stories, different author)?

Collections.

Harry Potter or Lemony Snicket?

Harry Potter!

Morning reading, afternoon reading, or nighttime reading?

All day reading? :) But seriously... nighttime.

The books you need to go with other books on your shelves?

I'm not sure what this means. Honestly, the last thing I "need" is more books :)

Do you read anywhere and anytime you can or do you have a set reading time and/or place?

I carry books everywhere just in case. I mostly read before bed but I also read when I am waiting for someone or alone in a restaurant or something.

Do you have seasonal reading habits?

No, not really.

Do you read one book at a time or do you have two or more books going at once?

Multiple, multiple, multiple. Forget one or two, it is usually more like five.

What are your pet peeves about the way people treat books?

I don’t like checking a book out of the library and finding food on the pages. That skeeves me out.

Name one book you surprised yourself by liking.

"The Metamorphosis." I didn't expect to dislike it but I didn't expect to be so blown away either.

How often do you read a book and not review it on your blog? What are your reasons for not blogging about a book?

I'd say of ever 3-5 books I read, I blog about one. The reason is laziness.

No comments: