Friday, October 26, 2007

Journaling

I have fallen off the journaling wagon. You could argue that I blog so it's not necessary to write in a diary, but au contraire ... I don't blog about intimate things, personal things. I buy pretty journals but my hand cramps after the first page - I have become so used to typing - that I stop quickly after I start. For this reason, and because I am often away from home, I started a Google Doc journal.

I was, in part, inspired by Sabrina Ward Harrison's Spilling Open and the Sark book I am expecting in the mail. Today I got into stream-of-consciousness, which is something I never do, and it actually turned out quite well.

Some good books I've read on journaling:

3 comments:

Andi said...

I was just thinking about this very thing over the weekend. My journals sit half-full--or some totally empty--and I can't even tell you when I might get back around to journaling. Although, sadly, I think my blog is more informtative and true to my personality than my journals ever were. Journals tending to be a place the merely bitch about my latest failed romance.

Andi said...

Excuse the typos. I didn't proofread that a bit.

April said...

Thing is, I don't like to get overly personal in my blog, which is where journals come in handy.