Wednesday, October 8, 2008

I am considering participating in NaNoWriMo for the first time. Most of you will probably have heard of this already, but in case you haven't, November is National Novel Writing Month, and people from all over the world challenge themselves to write a 50,000 word novel in one month. Sounds crazy (unless you're Stu :) which is why I have always steered clear of it. Yet this year, it sounds like an amazing way to force myself to sit down each day and work on my novel. Sure, whatever I come out of November with will not be publishable, but some of it will be, and those parts can be expanded. What do you think? I shudder to think that I could actually stick to this for 30 days, but it can't hurt to try, even if I don't hit the target.

1 comment:

stu said...

A couple of thousand words a day sounds doable, and you could get a first draft out of it. It could be just the thing to get your word counter thingamy moving.